Get Involved – Join a Committee
One of the best ways to meet other members is to get involved on a committee.
- Increase Contacts – By joining a committee, you’ll have an excellent opportunity to meet fellow members in your industry.
- Make a Difference – We need your ideas! And with your help, our Association will become stronger and more effective.
- Volunteer Your Time & Talents – We need dedicated members to participate on many different committees. Any principal or local HBAL member can serve!
To sign up, just call the HBAL office and we’ll put you on the committee of your choice. You’ll receive an e-mail notice prior to each committee meeting.
- Home & Garden Show Committee Plans and promotes the annual Home & Garden Show held in February.
- Parade of Homes Committee Plans and promotes the annual Spring and Fall Parade of Homes as a marketing and public relations benefit to Builders and Associate members. Produces the Guidebook for the Parade of Homes. The Spring Parade is held in May and the Fall Parade in October.
- Special Events Plans the annual Chili Cook-off (March), Golf Tournament (June), Hog Roast (August), Sporting Clay Shoot (October), Christmas Party (December) and any other special events.
- Remodelers Council More than 135 companies belong to the Remodelers Council. New members are always welcome. The group typically meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 11:30 am. They take tours and have great speakers and vary their meeting location. They put on the popular Tour of Remodeled Homes held each April and have their own golf outing. Dues are $75/year. Call HBAL for more information at (402) 423-4225, or click here.
- Young Building Professionals HBAL’s Young Building Professionals Council is engaging the next generation of builders and associates, giving them a unified voice in the building community. They have a variety of educational, social and community service activities throughout the year. Call HBAL for more information at (402) 423-4225, or click here.
- Membership Committee Membership is the life-blood of any association so this committee is especially important to HBAL. You will learn how to talk to non-members about the association, be part of the ‘team” which recruits members, and have the chance to win prizes.
- Developers Council This council meets on an as-needed basis to discuss and resolve development issues for a growing community. If you are part of the development process, you want your name added to the list of companies who receive notice of meetings. This group does make a difference.
- Political Action Committee A contribution to HOMEPAC is required to belong to this group. If you are interested in politics, this is an interesting group to join!
Sign Up Today!
There are two ways for members to sign up for committees:
- You can call HBAL at (402) 423-4225.
- You can e-mail HBAL and let us know on which committees you would like to serve.